How the Online and Phone System Works
Licenses by Agent
- Customers enter all identification information and license requests through Web pages or talk to a sales representative by phone.
- Request is authorized by the system.
- Customers must use a Visa, MasterCard or Discover to purchase a license. Some debit cards work if they can be used without a PIN. Licenses are mailed within 24 hours of the purchase.
- Customers must have completed all the requirements for Hunter Education before applying for or buying a license or before applying for a preference point.
- In most cases, licenses purchased through the Internet or Telephone will reach you by mail within 10 days or you may pick up your license at a license agent location or Colorado Parks and Wildlife office.
- A receipt can be printed from your printer (Internet).
- Except for big game, Turkey licenses, and the Colorado Waterfowl Stamp, a temporary authorization number (TAN) may be substituted for the license(s) purchased for 14 days from the date of purchase. Please print or write down (must be legible) the TAN and carry it with you while hunting or fishing until you receive your license. If the license OR all of the licenses you purchase in this transaction expire in less than 7 days, you will NOT receive anything in the mail. A temporary authorization number (TAN) is all you need for 1 or 5 day fishing or small game hunting licenses. Use your printed confirmation page (Internet) while using your short-term license(s) or permit(s).
- Sign your license(s) when you receive it to validate it.
- Telephone sales representatives are trained to sell licenses and do not know specific wildlife-related information. For other wildlife-related information/questions, call the Parks and Wildlife Denver Headquarters at (303)297-1192 or check out the numerous ways we can assist you from the Contact Us page.
Stop by a license agent and request your license(s).
A license agent will enter your customer information (name, address, etc.) and license request(s) into the terminal.
Your license(s) is authorized through the new system.
The agent collects fees for the license(s).
The license(s) is printed and is valid when you sign it.
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions
(Applications and Licensing topic and Online Licensing subtopic). Can't find what you're looking for? See the Contact Us
page or call (303)297-1192.