NOTE: The documents below are presented in PDF format. To read these files, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Colorado River Aquatic Resources Investigations
Coldwater Lakes and Reservoir Ecology
- Lake and Reservoir Food Web Ecology (June 2013) - Annual Report
- Lake and Reservoir Food Web Ecology (June 2012) - Annual Report
- SONAR Survey Report (February 2012) - Job Progress Report
- Coldwater Reservoir Ecology (May 2010) - Job Progress Report
- A Compendum of Crustacean Zooplankton and Mysid Diluviana Collections From Selected Colorado Reservoirs and Lakes (January 2010) (20MB)
Martinez, Patrick J., Gross, Michael D., Vigil, Estevan M.
- Western Lake Trout Woes (September 2009)
Martinez, P. J., Bigelow, P. E., Deleray, M A., Fredenberg, W. A., Hansen, B. S., Horner, N. J., Lehr, S. K., Schneidervin, R. W., Tolentino, S. A., and A. E. Viola. 2009. Western Lake Trout Woes. Fisheries 34(9), 424-442.
- Coldwater Reservoir Ecology (June 2009) - Job Progress Report (2.51MB)
- Elemental signatures in otoliths of hatchery rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss): distinctiveness and utility for detecting origins and movement (March 2009)
- Coldwater Reservoir Ecology (May 2008) - Job Progress Report
- Forensic Applications of Otolith Microchemistry For Tracking Sources of Illegally Stocked Whirling Disease Positive Trout (June 2007) - Final Report (1.4 MB)
- Coldwater Reservoir Ecology (May 2007) - Job Progress Report
- Coldwater Reservoir Ecology (August 2006) - Job Progress Report
- Modeling Target Strength Distributions to Improve Hydroacoustic Estimation of Lake Trout Population Size (2006)
- Do Predators Influence the Distribution of Age-0 Kokanee in a Colorado Reservoir? (2004)
- Hydroclimate Mediates Effects of a Keystone Species in a Coldwater Reservoir (2012)
Johnson, Brett M., Martinez, Patrick J. Lake and Reservoir Management, 28:1, 70-83
- Tracking Trophic Interactions in Coldwater Reservoirs Using Naturally Occurring Stable Isotopes (2002)
- Trophic Economics of Lake Trout Management in Reservoirs of Differing Productivity (2000)
- Postrelease Hooking Mortality of Rainbow Trout Caught on Scented Artificial Baits (1996)
- Selecting Harvest Regulations for Recreational Fisheries: Opportunities for Research/ Management Cooperation (October 1995)
- Some Factors Affecting a Hatchery-Sustained Kokanee Population in a Fluctuating Colorado Reservoir (1995)
- Interactions of Zooplankton, Mysis relicta, and Kokanees in Lake Granby, Colorado(1991)
- Proposed Biological Management of Mysis relicta in Colorado Lakes and Reservoirs (1989) - (1.2 MB)
- Fish Telemetry - Chapter 14 (2007) - Analysis of movement and habitat use from telemetry data
Rogers, K. B. and G. C. White. 2007. Analysis of movement and habitat use from telemetry data. Pages 625-676 in M. Brown and C. Guy, editors. Analysis and interpretation of freshwater fisheries data. American Fisheries Society, Bethesda, Maryland.
Salmonid Disease Investigation
Stream Habitat Restoration
Water Pollution Studies
For information on completed projects and past research, check the Archived Publications.