Regulations for shooting on public land differ from agency to agency and area to area based on recreational uses, environmental concerns, agricultural interests and many other factors. For more information on the rules in a specific area, contact the appropriate agency office.
United States Forest Service
- Arapaho/Roosevelt National Forest — 970/295-6700
- Pike/San Isabel National Forest — 719/545-8737
- Grand Mesa/Gunnison/Uncompahgre National Forests — 970/874-7691
- Rio Grande National Forest — 719/852-5941
- Routt National Forest — 970/870-2299
- San Juan National Forest — 970/247-4874
- White River National Forest — Temporary Phone Number — 970/319-2670
Visit the White River home page for current contact information.
Bureau of Land Management
- Colorado State Office, Information — 303/239-3600