||Pueblo Area Office|
|13133 County Rd 46
||600 Pueblo Reservoir Rd.|
|Aguilar, CO 81020
||Pueblo, CO 81005|
|Phone home: 719-941-4318
Location: Ranch is located 15 miles west of Aguilar on County Rd 46.
Area Maps: USGS Quads: Herlick Canyon, Gulnare
National Forest: San Isabel
Species Available: Elk, Deer, Turkey and Bear
Terrain and Access: This ranch is located at the headwaters of the Apishipa River SE of Spanish Peaks. The land slopes to the southeast from an elevation of 9,800 ft. to 7,400 ft. The west and north boundaries of the ranch abut the San Isabel National Forest. Upper elevations are heavily timbered with spruce fir and ponderosa pine, there are rock outcrops and low ridges of oakbrush separating small streams at lower elevations. Ridges and meadows offer open areas. There is ranch road access to most parts of the ranch
Average Success Rates: Please see Participating Ranches.
Check the Ranching for Wildlife main page for season dates.
For more information, statistics, and to see the brochure on Turkey Hunting, see our Turkey Hunting Page
There are no antler-point restrictions for any of the ranches. No over-the-counter licenses are offered on these properties. Ranching for Wildlife licenses are open to Colorado residents only. Licenses are only for the season and ranch on the license. For more information on season dates and application deadlines, see the Big Game Hunting Brochure.
Ranch rules from previous seasons are provided for a general perspective. Ranch rules are negotiated annually and some rule changes may take affect this year.
TWIN PEAKS RANCH
Ranch Hunting Rules
For check in - Please make phone contact with the ranch manager prior to arrival. Please do not just drop in at the headquarters. Since this is a working ranch, it is extremely important to contact us before you come so that someone can be at headquarters when you arrive. Check in times are between 7am and 7pm, but it is helpful if you have and estimated time of arrival so that we are utilizing our time most efficiently. You will be required to provide identification and your conservation ticket when you check in and you will receive a sign that should be placed on the front windshield of your vehicle. This sign must stay on your vehicle at all times while hunting on the ranch to alert ranch hands and game wardens to your legal presence. You will be given a map. We have put a combination lock on the entrance that is to be used by all public hunters to access the camping area. You may set up a tent or bring a camper. The closest hotels are in Trinidad and Walsenburg.
We have a list of rules that we feel are necessary to protect everyone’s safety, the quality of the wildlife, the beauty of the ranch and to enhance your hunting experience. Thanks ahead of time for following them.
- All Colorado hunting laws will be strictly enforced.
- Only permitted game can be taken.
- Fishing will not be permitted.
- Target shooting will not be permitted.
- A designated camp fire area will be provided. No other fires are permitted.
- As there are cattle all over the Ranch, please leave all gates as you find them.
- One (1) unarmed guest is allowed with each permitted licensed hunter.
- If it rains, all roads are off limits to vehicles - no exceptions- unless Jeff Menegatti approves.
- No hunting or driving though or around headquarters (area designated on map).
- Twin Peaks has a few "no hunting" areas. These areas are not hunted by our private hunters and should not be hunted by you as guest. Your respect to no hunting on these areas, as designated by the map, is appreciated.
- Trash collection facilities will be available. Please use them as you are responsible for keeping the Ranch clean.
- The vehicle identification sign needs to be visible in your vehicle at all times to make permitted vehicles easily identifiable by D.O.W. and Ranch personnel.
- Jeff Menegatti, Ranch Foreman, will be available if you need assistance in retrieving your game. Please remember, Twin Peaks is a large ranch and we do not want anyone to be lost. Please use your map and be careful.
- Twin Peaks Ranch reserves the right to revoke anyone’s hunting privileges for violation of the rules of the Ranch.
Nearest Pubic camping area is located at Spanish Peaks State Wildlife area 10 miles south. Unimproved camping on USFS 5 miles west of the ranch.
Closest motels are in Trinidad 17 miles south of Aguilar.
This ranch has completed numerous habitat improvement projects for wildlife.