||Nearest CPW Office:|
| Ray Owens
|| Meeker Office|
| PO Box 36
|| P.O. Box 1181|
| Craig, CO 81625
|| Meeker, CO 81641|
| 970-824-7207 (office)
|| 970-878-6090 (office) | 970-878-6077 (fax)|
Location: Bord Gulch Ranch is located about 20 miles northwest of Craig.
Area Maps: USGS Quads: Iron Springs, Great Divide, Adobe Springs
National Forest: none
Species Available: Elk, Deer, Pronghorn
Terrain and Access: Elevations vary from about 6,500 to 7,200 ft. The ranch is located in the rolling sagebrush and bitterbrush hills in the Great Divide country northwest of Craig. The ranch has a generally south to southwest facing aspect with several large seasonally flowing gulches and draws draining to the south and southwest. There is virtually no tree cover and elk which are largely migratory through the ranch, and resident deer and pronghorn use topographic relief for cover. Ranch roads provide adequate access to main parts of the ranch. These roads can become very muddy during wet weather. Hunters should be equipped with 4-wheel drive vehicle.
Average Success Rates: New Ranch. Rates not yet available.
There are no antler-point restrictions for any of the ranches. No over-the-counter licenses are offered on these properties. Ranching for Wildlife licenses are open to Colorado residents only. Licenses are only for the season and ranch on the license. For more information on season dates and application deadlines, see the Big Game Hunting Brochure.
| Either Sex:
Ranch rules from previous seasons are provided for a general perspective. Ranch rules are negotiated annually and some rule changes may take affect this year.
Motels are located in Craig. There is a KOA Campground in Craig.
Hunter is responsible for retrieval of game.
BORD GULCH RANCH
- Please be aware of the image you project while hunting on the Bord Gulch Ranch, as we adhere to all game and firearm laws that apply to your hunt. All violations will be handled according to the letter of the law. All violations will result in the forfeiture of your hunt.
- Bord Gulch Ranch check in is at the barn 1 mile south of the junction of Moffat County Road 7 and Moffat County Road 17: on the west side of 17. A phone number will be provided at check in to call for check out and to report success.
- Check in is the afternoon before the hunt begins.
- No OHV use is allowed on the ranch. Vehicle traffic is allowed on existing roads only.
- Public hunters are allowed the full use of the ranch except around livestock facilities. Depending on livestock concentrations there could be temporary closures of pastures.
- There will be no access allowed for scouting. Maps will be provided as general references and are not considered a source of navigation. Trespassing will not be tolerated.
- Possible wounded animals that cannot be recovered will not count as animals harvested. Please advise agents of the Ranch if it happens.
- One rifle per license is allowed on ranch. No party hunting allowed.
- One non-hunter only will be allowed to accompany each licensed hunter and they must be in the same vehicle.
- No camping is allowed on the ranch.
- No fires are allowed on the ranch.
- Please pack out your trash. No littering; including but not limited to trash, hides, and bones.
- All rifles must be sighted prior to entering the ranch. NO casual shooting is permitted.
- All hunters and guests will be required to sign a release of at time of check in. This will also serve as your permit to be on the property. This document must be produced when requested by an officer or ranch agent.
- Please respect our ranch, roads, and livestock. Maximum speed is 20 mph.
- No consumption of alcohol of drugs is permitted on the ranch.
- Please leave all gates and fences as you find them.
- The above rules plus any additional information deemed appropriate by the ranch and CPW will be sent to all successful hunters. Any violations of rule or state statutes will mean revocation of hunting privileges on Bord Gulch Ranch.